HighResolutionAudio.net (or HRAudio.net for short) is the home for independent information and reviews of hi-res music content ... in both stereo and multichannel ... including Super Audio CD and Blu-ray Audio. Full details, reviews and links to a number of online vendors for purchase are provided.
By simply creating a login you can comment on the music or reviews, maintain a library here of the music you own and add others to a wish list.
(High Resolution here is defined as anything better than CD quality. Since most music nowadays is recorded, or mastered from analogue, at better than 16bits/44.1kHz it makes sense to acquire the maximum lossless resolution available.)
How to get the most from this site:
- Click/tap on the Menu icon at top right to navigate throughout the site. Some functions (e.g. My Library) require you to have created a login and be logged in.
- When you move your mouse pointer over thumbnails, a small More icon may appear. Click/tap on this to access additional functions (such as moving music from your Wish List to Library). In My Library you can rename individual titles to your requirements (click/tap on the title name in the popup window to edit in-place and hit Return).
- This site implements Responsive Web Design. What's displayed will adapt to your screen/window size, tablet orientation etc. Changes in layout and/or additional information may appear as space is available.
- If you click/tap on a vendor name (e.g. amazon.com) it will take you directly to the corresponding listing on that store. This is generally more reliable (and a lot more convenient) than searching the vendor site yourself. It will also ensure your purchases help contribute to the upkeep of this site.
- If you subscribe to Apple Music you can listen to much of the content here in full. Follow the link and load music onto your smartphone for later listening, for example. This is a great way to sample before you buy, especially for unfamiliar repertoire.
- Subscribe to this site's RSS feed to be immediately notified when a new review is added.
- User registration is entirely automated. If you didn't receive an email in a timely fashion, check your spam folder. Due to the vagaries of email, sometimes mail doesn't get through. Try registering again a week later after which your details are recycled.
This site is designed to work with modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox (Mozilla), Safari and Opera. It has been tested extensively with the latest versions of all four. It also works great with Chrome for Android and Safari for iOS. There are known issues with Internet Explorer 9 (and earlier) ... it is recommended on the desktop that you install one of the listed compatible browsers instead.