Finlandia - Mackerras
Analogue Productions CAPC 2336 SA
Classical - Orchestral
Grieg: Wedding day at Troldhaugen (arr. Hauppertz), 2 Melodies, 2 Elegiac Melodies
Sibelius: King Christian II (Suite), Pelleas and Melisande (suite), Finlandia, Valse Triste
London Proms Orchestra
Charles Mackerras (conductor)
An early classic for Decca/RCA engineered by none other than Kenneth Wilkinson, who became so closely identified with the Decca sound that he retired when PolyGram acquired the company in 1980. Music of Grieg & Sibelius from the late great Charles Mackerras and the London Symphony Orchestra. The strings here are cool, crisp and extremely transparent with wonderful inner detail within the choirs.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Edvard Grieg: 2 elegiske melodier (Elegiac Melodies), Op. 34
- Edvard Grieg: 2 nordiske melodier (Nordic Melodies), Op. 63
- Edvard Grieg: Lyriske stykker (Lyric Pieces) VIII, Op. 65
- Jean Sibelius: Finlandia, Op. 26
- Jean Sibelius: Kung Kristian II, sarja orkesterille (King Kristian II - Suite), Op. 27
- Jean Sibelius: Pelléas och Mélisande, Op. 46
- Jean Sibelius: Valse triste, Op. 44 No. 1