Beethoven: 9 Symphonies - Rattle
Berliner Philharmoniker BPHR 160093 (5 discs)
Classical - Orchestral
Beethoven: 9 Symphonies
Annette Dasch (soprano)
Eva Vogel (mezzo-soprano)
Christian Elsner (tenor_
Dimitry Ivashchenko (bass)
Sir Simon Rattle (conductor)
It is always a milestone in the artistic work of the Berliner Philharmoniker when, together with their chief conductor, they play the complete symphonies of Ludwig van Beethoven. Under the direction of chief conductor Sir Simon Rattle, the cycle was performed at the end of 2015 – in Berlin, Paris, Vienna and New York. The reaction was overwhelming, and audiences responded with standing ovations to performances which impressively revealed the virtuosity and revolutionary energy of the works. The recording of the Berlin performances is now available in an exclusive hardcover edition which includes the cycle on CD as well as in HD video and high-resolution audio on Blu-ray. This beautifully produced edition includes many extras including a video introduction with Sir Simon Rattle and a documentary about the making of the recordings.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Recorded at the Philharmonie, Berlin, Germany on 6 & 12 October 2015 (Nos. 1 & 3); on 7 & 13 October 2015 (Nos. 2 & 5); on 3, 9 & 15 October 2015 (Nos. 4 & 7); on 8 & 14 October 2015 (Nos. 6 & 8) and on 10 & 16 October 2015 (No. 9), 24/192
Recording producer: Christoph Franke
Sound engineer: René Möller
Executive producer: Olaf Maninger, Robert Zimmermann
Assistant project manager: Sarah Kopitzki, Charlotte Sinn
Special thanks to Isa Genzken, Galerie Buchholz, Stephan Jansen & Tobias Möller
Edition: Jonathan Del Mar (Bärenreiter Urtext)
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 1 in C major, Op. 21
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 2 in D major, Op. 36
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 'Eroica'
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 6 in F major, Op. 68 'Pastoral'
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 7 in A major, Op. 92
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 8 in F major, Op. 93
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125 'Choral'