Mahler: 9 Symphonies - Haitink
Classical - Orchestral
Mahler: 9 Symphonies, Symphony No. 10 - Adagio, Das Lied von der Erde, Das klagende Lied, Des Knaben Wunderhorn, Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen, Kindertotenlieder
Elly Ameling [#2], Ileana Cotrubas [#8], Heather Harper [#8, DKL], Hanneke van Bork [#8], Jessye Norman [KDW] (soprano's)
Janet Baker [DLVDE], Norma Proctor [DKL] (mezzo's)
Aafje Heynis [#2], Maureen Forrester [#3], Birgit Finnilä [#8], Marianne Dieleman [#8] (contralto's)
William Cochran [#8], Werner Hollweg [DKL], James King [DLVDE] (tenor's)
Hermann Prey [#8, KTL, LEFG] (bass-baritone)
Hans Sotin [#8], John Shirley-Quirk [DKW] (bass)
Netherlands Radio Chorus [#2, #3]
Boys Chorus of the St. Willibrord Church, Amsterdam [#3]
Toonkunstkoor, Amsterdam [#8]
De Stem des Volks, Amsterdam [#8]
Collegium Musicum Amstelodamense [#8]
Children's Choirs of the Churches of St. Willibrord and St. Pius X, Amsterdam [#8]
Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
Bernard Haitink (conductor)
Haitink's Mahler interpretations offer a combination of objectivity and distance, emotional reflection and release, continuity and tradition. Under Haitink, the Concertgebouw secured its reputation as one of the world's great Mahler orchestras and their cycle of the composer's symphonies and orchestral songs stands as witness to the orchestra's feeling for its deep history and to the enduring artistry of its conductor.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Recorded in September 1962 (No. 1); in May 1966 (No. 3); in December 1967 (No. 4); in May 1968 (No. 2); in February 1969 (No. 6); in July 1969 (No. 9); in December 1969 (No. 7); in May 1970 (Kindertotenlieder; Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen); in December 1970 (No. 5); in September 1971 (No. 8 and No. 10 Adagio) and in September 1975 (Das Lied von der Erde)
Produced by Jaap van Ginneken (Symphonies); Volker Straus (Das Lied von der Erde)
- Gustav Mahler: Das klagende Lied
- Gustav Mahler: Das Lied von der Erde
- Gustav Mahler: Des Knaben Wunderhorn
- Gustav Mahler: Kindertotenlieder
- Gustav Mahler: Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 1 in D major 'Titan'
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 10 in F sharp minor (Adagio)
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 2 in C minor 'Resurrection'
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 3 in D minor
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 4 in G major
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 5 in C sharp minor
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 6 in A minor
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 7 in E minor
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 8 in E flat major 'Symphony of a thousand'
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 9 in D major