The Orchestral Organ - Kraybill
Reference Recordings RR-145
Classical - Instrumental
Tchaikovsky: Coronation March
Barber: Adagio for Strings
Gounod: Funeral March of a Marionette
Holst: Chaconne from First Suite for Military Band
Řezníček: Praeludium and Chromatic Fugue
Saint-Saëns: Romance from Orchestral Suite in D major
Wagner: Forest murmurs from Siegfried
Mendelssohn: Scherzo from A Midsummer Nights Dream
Verdi: Grand March from Aida
Jan Kraybill (The Julia Irene Kauffman Casavant Organ, Kansas City)
Jan Kraybill- Sonic Splendor! Her amazing pipe organ performances give new dimensions to beloved orchestral favorites. In the 19th and early 20th century, organists of exceptional artistic skill developed organ transcriptions of orchestral music into a true art form. Each of the works on this disc is spectacular in its original form. To create ""The Orchestral Organ"", we have chosen works of many different composers, adapted into organ transcriptions of the highest artistic order. These transcriptions are not intended for comparison with, or replacement of, the original orchestral versions. In presenting them we are offering fascinating new dimensions for these compositions, whether familiar or new to the listener. Within the pieces are a variety of tone colors and compositional details that exhibit the remarkable abilities of organist Jan Kraybill, and showcase the spectacular Julia Irene Kauffman Casavant Organ at the Kauffman Centers Helzberg Hall in Kansas City.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Samuel Barber: Adagio for Strings, Op. 11a
- Charles-Francois Gounod: Marche funèbre d'une marionnette, CG 583
- Gustav Holst: Suites for Military Band, H 105 Op. 28: No. 1 in E flat major
- Armas Järnefelt: Praeludium
- Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy: A Midsummer Night's Dream - Incidental music, MWV M 13 Op. 61 No. 1 Scherzo
- Emil von Reznicek: Praeludium and Chromatic Fugue
- Camille Saint-Saëns: Suite for Orchestra in D major, Op. 49
- Jean Sibelius: Finlandia - Symphonic Poem, Op. 26
- Peter Tchaikovsky: Coronation March for Orchestra, TH 50
- Giuseppe Verdi: Aida - Opera
- Richard Wagner: Siegfried, WWV 86C
Click here to report errors or omissions in the music details.