FR2 - Flanders Recorder Duo
Classical - Chamber
Works by Telemann, Bach, Vaughan Williams, Parker, Shannon, Sieg, Sammartini, Franz, Mellits, Rue, Brumel, Gascogne, Anon
Flanders Recorder Duo
Flanders Recorder Duo: The name of the ensemble rightly suggests that it emerged from the Flanders Recorder Quartet, which ended its incredibly successful international stage career in 2018. Already the FRQ amazed with the expressiveness of its "only" 4 recorders - the Flanders Recorder Duo now takes this to the extreme.
Really only two musicians are heard here, but often one hardly believes this when listening to the debut SACD, which is simply called "FR2".
A highlight is the world premiere of a previously unknown suite by Vaughan Williams, and the other performances of works from various eras also give listeners plenty of opportunity to enjoy and marvel.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
- Antoine Brumel: Agnus Dei
- Stefan Franz: Grand Duo
- Matheus Gascogne: Agnus Dei
- Marc Mellits: Black
- Rhia Parker: Cantigas I
- Pierre de la Rue: Agnus Dei
- Giovanni Battista Sammartini: Concerto Grosso in E major, Op. 6 No. 3
- Glen Shannon: Slingshot
- Sören Sieg: The Dervish and the Devil
- Ralph Vaughan Williams: Suite for Pipes (1939)