Mahler: 9 Symphonies, Das Lied von der Erde, Songs for Orchestra - Tilson Thomas
San Francisco Symphony SFS 0039 (17 discs)
Classical - Orchestral
Mahler: Symphonies Nos. 1-9, Adagio from Symphony No. 10, Kindertotenlieder, Das klagende Lied, Des Knaben Wunderhorn (excerpts), Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen, Das Lied von der Erde, Rückert-Lieder, Rückert-Lieder (for piano and voice)
Isabel Bayrakdarian (soprano)
Lorraine Hunt Lieberson (mezzo-soprano)
Michelle DeYoung (mezzo-soprano)
Susan Graham (mezzo-soprano)
Stuart Skelton (tenor)
Thomas Hampson (baritone)
San Francisco Girls Chorus
San Francisco Symphony Chorus
San Francisco Symphony
Michael Tilson Thomas (conductor)
SFS Media presents The Mahler Project a deluxe, seventeen SACD set featuring all of the label's highly acclaimed recordings of music by Gustav Mahler, performed by the San Francisco Symphony led by Michael Tilson Thomas and recorded live at Davies Symphony Hall between 2001 and 2009. Released in installments over the past ten years, the individual volumes of the set have garnered the highest critical acclaim, including seven GRAMMY® awards. With over 18 hours of music, this deluxe edition features the original liner notes from each recording compiled into one complete easy to navigate, 324-page book.
As an added bonus, this set includes a never before released recording of the Rückert-Lieder for piano and voice with mezzo-soprano Susan Graham accompanied by MTT at the piano. Additional soloists include Isabel Bayrakdarian, Laura Claycomb, Michelle De Young, Anthony Dean Griffey, Thomas Hampson, Elza van den Heever, Katarina Karneus, Quinn Kelsey, Sergei Leiferkus, Lorraine Hunt Lieberson, James Morris, Thomas Moser, Yvonne Naef, Marina Shaguch, Stuart Skelton and Erin Wall.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
All recorded at Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco
First 19/23 September 2001; Second 23/26 June 2004
Third 25-29 September 2002; Kindertotenlieder 19/23 September 2001
Fourth 24/28 September 2003; Fifth 28 September and 2 October 2005
Sixth 12/14 September 2001; Seventh 9/12 March 2005
Eighth 19/23 November 2008; Adagio from Tenth 6/8 April 2006
Ninth 29 September to 3 October 2004; Das klagende Lied 29/31 May and 2 June 1996
Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen 23 and 25/26 September 2009
Rückert-Lieder 16/20 September 2009; Das Lied von der Erde 26/29 September 2007
Selections from Des Knaben Wunderhorn 10/13 May 2007
- Gustav Mahler: Das klagende Lied
- Gustav Mahler: Das Lied von der Erde
- Gustav Mahler: Des Knaben Wunderhorn
- Gustav Mahler: Kindertotenlieder
- Gustav Mahler: Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen
- Gustav Mahler: Rückert Lieder
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 1 in D major 'Titan'
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 10 in F sharp minor (Adagio)
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 2 in C minor 'Resurrection'
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 3 in D minor
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 4 in G major
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 5 in C sharp minor
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 6 in A minor
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 7 in E minor
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 8 in E flat major 'Symphony of a thousand'
- Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 9 in D major