Debussy: Chamber music - Pražák Quartet, Kinsky Trio Prague
Praga Digitals PRD/DSD 250 302
Classical - Chamber
Debussy: Prélude à l'après midi d'un faune; Cello Sonata; Reverie; Violin Sonata; La fille aux chevaux de lin; Trio No. 1 in G major for piano, violin & cello
Pražák Quartet, Kinsky Trio Prague
Better known for his works for orchestra or solo piano, Claude Debussy also composed a wealth of beautiful chamber music. This disc featuring the Prazák Quartet and the Kinsky Trio Prague (and invited guests) offers a selection of six works, ranging from the Piano Trio No.1 of 1879, via a fascinating chamber arrangement of the always popular 'Prélude à l'après-midi d'un Faune' to his last work, the Cello Sonata written in 1915. This audiophile quality multi-channel SACD presents these works a unique coupling, not featured on any other disc.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the paid links below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Claude Debussy: Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune for Orchestra, L 86 CD 87
- Claude Debussy: Préludes for Piano - Livre 1, L 117 CD 125: No. 8 La fille aux cheveux de lin
- Claude Debussy: Rêverie - Song, L 68 CD 3
- Claude Debussy: Sonata for Cello and Piano, L 135 CD 144
- Claude Debussy: Sonata for Violin and Piano, L 140 CD 148
- Claude Debussy: Trio for Piano, Violin and Cello in G major, L 3 CD 5