Rachmaninov: 4 Piano Concertos, Paganini Rhapsody - Ashkenazy, Previn
Decca Classics 4786443 (3 discs)
Classical - Orchestral
Rachmaninov: Piano Concertos 1-4; "Paganini" Rhapsody
Vladimir Ashkenazy, piano
London Symphony Orchestra
“The collaboration with André Previn was always special. One mustn’t forget that apart from being an extraordinary musician, he is also a highly accomplished pianist... he knew every note, every rubato on the piano like almost nobody else. I will never forget playing and recording with him my Rachmaninov concertos.” Vladimir Ashkenazy
The Rachmaninov Piano Concertos performed by Vladimir Ashkenazy and the London Symphony Orchestra, conducted by André Previn are among the most iconic recordings in the Decca Classics catalogue. To celebrate these recordings, DECCA has gone back to the original tapes and used the latest techniques and extensive comparison with the first LP pressings, to make a definitive transfer. For the first time ever, all audio processing has been achieved in the 96kHz 24-bit domain. The new Blu-ray disc format, in particular, affords an unprecedented opportunity to hear the recordings at this resolution.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Sergei Rachmaninov: Concerto for Piano No. 1 in F sharp minor, Op. 1
- Sergei Rachmaninov: Concerto for Piano No. 2 in C minor, Op. 18
- Sergei Rachmaninov: Concerto for Piano No. 3 in D minor, Op. 30
- Sergei Rachmaninov: Concerto for Piano No. 4 in G minor, Op. 40
- Sergei Rachmaninov: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 43